Thursday, February 6, 2014

Arrival and Expectation

Let me tell you a little bit about our team, as we've now winged our way from Sacramento to LA to Amsterdam to Delhi, arriving at 2 in the morning on Friday.

Members of a half-dozen Sacramento-area churches make up this team, all of them connected in some way to our cherished friend Angel and the SEED Group.   Three are pastors, three comprise a film crew, one is Angel herself, and the rest are volunteers who have a heart for this good work.   More than half of the team has made this trip before.    Part of our aim is to visit the schools that SEED and its veterans have established in the past, and part is to explore new ministry opportunities in newly-visited villages.    As for the actual work that will end up being done ... well, that's hard to explicitly say in some forums. ;}

We'll be heading out to our home for the week later today.   My biggest problem so far is that I keep saying 'Gracias' to the nationals, who look at me like I'm nuts.   It just slips out.  Pray for my cultural context to right itself!  I blame Peru.

God bless,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! What an amazing group of people. Praying God's protection is with all of you and blessings for all the people you visit.

    ReplyDelete